View Single Post
      12-10-2017, 07:04 AM   #106
Ron Jeffries
Old Member. Old in general, actually.
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i xDrive convertible

Smart people buy what they want, within their budget, according to their interests. I've driven most of the "real" M cars over the years and most of them feel to me as if they're only really fun if driven hard, to the point of illegal and dangerous.

At the same time, I do like good performance, so I can be slightly illegal and a little bit dangerous. Thus I wind up with things like 135is, and M240i. They're usually at the high end of cost -- and then I stupidly save $800 by not ordering some option. Forget what I said earlier about smart people.

And then there are the odd needs. I can't convince my wife to park her car out in the snow so I can have both sides of the garage, so I decided to drop my 135is convertible and my Juke and get down to one car. Voila, M240i convertible xDrive, for year-round enjoyment. Would a 4 cylinder have been as much fun? Probably, but different fun.

People get to choose what they want. "Better" depends on what aspects you're trying to optimize, and that's different for everyone. My pal drives a big Mercedes SUV. Not for me, but it's fine for him.

That's how it goes ...
Appreciate 1