02-23-2018, 02:42 PM   #37
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acalamito321 View Post
Idk but tire rack gave me 2 year tire insurance for any wear and tear including potholes on my new Michelin pilot supersports
Yeah there can be a couple of different coverages on the same tire. Say you buy a Michelin from TR and there's the Michelin warranty and also the Tire Rack road hazard.

Tire Rack is great if getting wheels and tires usually comes out cheaper and you get the 2 year road hazard. Especially since they mount and balance for free. And if you pick up in Delaware at least there's no shipping or tax, I've done that a few times. BUT if you use the road hazard you do need to pay to get the tire mounted and balanced.

If you are just getting tires and have to pay to mount and balance anyway, you're sometimes (often in my experience) better off getting the tires from your local shop and getting road hazard insurance there. Doing it that way if you need one replaced you do NOT have to pay for a mount and balance.

On my M235 coupe I had to replace 3 or 4 tires I forget exactly but never had to pay for anything.
Appreciate 0