08-10-2017, 09:53 PM   #31
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict View Post
Small hatches are gaining a mini renaissance it seems recently. The Golf/GTI/R do pretty well. Mazda3 5 door is still a thing (though they lopped off the D pillar so it's basically just the sedan with a liftback trunk). Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Focus RS, Civic Si, Civic Type R, Fiat 500/Abarth...

Honestly I felt like I saw more 5 door WRX/STi of the last gen than the sedan version, so I don't know why they killed it off for the current gen.
I'll take a Ford Focus RS any day over a FWD BMW 1er. Just sayin'

BMW will have to import it from China to even be near the Ford Focus RS price point. Keep in mind the 1er was designed for the Chinese market and would need extensive modification to make it compliant to US DOT/EPA regs.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0