03-23-2017, 02:44 PM   #145
aelarson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by p912guy View Post
Sorry to hear that. All in all nothing serious, but I can certainly understand your frustration. I would be frustrated too. It makes me wonder if the first owner unloaded it early at 9K miles as either a lease return/exchange, sale or worse "lemon law" return for similar issues. I always wonder about the history of slightly used (low miles and less than two years old) cars for sale, CPO or otherwise.

My experience with used vehicles over the years hasn't been the best. While not our first bad experience, our 2005 Nissan Titan has cost us almost as much in repairs over the past 5 years and 40K miles as it cost to buy. Last year I replaced both exhaust manifolds and cat. converters for $3K and just a couple weeks ago I replaced the rear end to the tune of $3.8K. Add to that a few $1K services here and there for air conditioning and other minor issues. At this point, I am just trying to get through August or September without another expensive repair so I can sell it get a new Ridgeline, Tacoma or Colorado. I don't mind keeping vehicles for a long time when I know their history and they've been properly serviced, but it seems for me buying used has just meant buying someone else's problems.
The previous owner was an employee at the Naples BMW dealership I bought it from and traded it in to get an M2, or that's what they told me anyway. I know that it inst a lemon fortunately...but if this little bugger keeps it up it may turn into one

That's a bummer about your Titan. All I can say is this: My last vehicle was a 2008 4Runner, bought it used with 21,000 miles, and I put an additional 70,000 on it. Never had a single issue. The only time it was in the shop was for oil changes...or adding goodies (3 inch lift, steel bumper, wheels, etc). You will not be let down by a Toyota, especially a Taco....they're amazing machines!

Last edited by aelarson; 03-23-2017 at 06:31 PM..
Appreciate 0