10-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #200
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarclay410 View Post
it is no less an M car than the 1M coupe. the 1M featured a suped up N54, if im correct, both this car and those previously mentioned M models (MX5 35d, M535d etc) are the same way either diesel or regular gasoline powered models, yet with added horsepower (and also feature a "powered by ///M" badge on the engine cover). The M division of BMW simply produces suped up versions of the typical BMW models, so how is this model any different?

Plus, this is not an M Sport model, it is a true M car because it is powered by an M tuned engine. Theres a difference between putting an M badge on a 335i and putting an M badge on this car. On another important point, this is essentially the next generation of the 1M Coupe. They did comparisons between the M135i and the 1M Coupe.
Why so many people even took this totally flawed (or intentionally provocative) post and kept on commenting on it? This post does not possess any knowledge or insight so much so that if you reverse everything he/she claims you are practically closer to truth.

Just one example: M Division Chief himself said in an interview, replying a question, which has its own thread here (please search) that M235i is NOT next generation 1M, neither was M135i, it will be a M2 if and when it takes a green light for production.

I mean, seriously, every single sentence up there, just reverse it upside down!

And unfortunately it seems to me that this is exactly the target client profile BMW is relying on with M Performance models
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0