10-26-2016, 08:49 PM   #1
bmwqt
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT

$41k for a 2016 M235i - unreasonable?

Hi folks,

I've been searching for a used 2-series car in the past 2 weeks. So far, I could notice that the used market for this model is very scarce. No used M235i cars in Ottawa whatsoever! So I've driven to GTA last weekend to have a look at a few.

I found 3 cars at a reasonable price. But one turned out to be stolen/recovered, and another one was good but offered way too low for my trade-in.

The last one, which I was really interested, was a 2016 model with 20k km on it. It was fairly basic, no sunroof and M/T which would actually be my preference. It was leased for a year to a BMW employee, and they priced at $41k.

At the time I wasn't sure yet if the price was good, but 2 days after I then realized it was a good deal, considering it was from a BMW dealer and I would be able to get 6 years of warranty in total when counting with the extended one.

Unfortunately they sold the car on the same day I was trying to close the deal. Now I don't see that many possibilities of finding such deal.

Am I expecting too much for trying to find a 2016 M235i for that price again (and not more than 20k km for mileage)?

I've seen 2014 models at that price range, sometimes even more equipped and lower mileage like this one:
http://www.bmwlondon.ca/used/vehicle...i-id995399.htm

But I would much prefer to trade the extra equipment and lower mileage for something with a bit more mileage, less stuff and with extra 2 years of warranty.
Appreciate 0