05-25-2015, 10:31 AM   #5
MegaMatt3
Bimmer Candidate
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI View Post
Ehhh...Not horrible, I got ~750 all in. Squabling over ~300 is not worth ruining a relationship with the dealer considering how significantly our cars are discounted already. Not to mention this is the one deal where you need the dealer to shine and make sure all the Ts are crossed and Is are dotted. There is to much out of pocket expense on you with airfair and hotels for the dealer to screw something up.

$500 is dealer profit, Dealer fee is what covers the people in back pushing papers. No way your getting MD Tag/Title lower. This is what it costs them to register your car with the state. In most states this number is illegal to mark up.

I say your deal is good, Maybe ask dealer doc fee to ~150-200 (which should break them even on the cost of the paperwork) but dont push them.

Personally my time is worth way more then $250-300 to fight over that amount. YMMV
Yeah, agreed that in context of $45,000, $300 isn't much to fight over. But I also consider dealer profit to be dealer profit. Divide it up any way you want to once the sale is made, but when I asked for 500 over, I really meant 500 over. I'm just sort of perturbed at the inclusion of the dealer processing fee when we'd already settled on the number over invoice I'd be paying (not to include mandatories like tag/title, dest, and sales tax). You know?
Appreciate 0