View Single Post
      06-08-2014, 01:47 PM   #10
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn_128i View Post
I sit 9" from the steering wheel and my breast bone. I can leave the chair a little more back to sit 10" from the steering wheel if I lean the seat a little more back. This is in my BMW 128i car. I remember a better seating position in the BMW 228i car without the sport line or sport suspension package. I will need to measure this.

But I did have my tape measurer with as I was right that the regular seat is shorter and more comfortable for me than the sport seat with no plastic lever sticking out. I never thought to measure anything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn_128i View Post
I just looked up TLDR and found out it meant: Wikipedia:"Too long; didn't read".
Further back is better, so if you can, go for a 10"+ position with arms just slightly bent at the elbow as you reach forward for the wheel, and you will be in a good driving position. One way to help confirm that you've taken full advantage of arm length is to reach straight forward, as it you are trying to touch the windshield. The area on your wrist where you wear your watch should be resting on the steering wheel rim. Then, bend elbow slightly to grab rim...that should be a good seating distance. If that gives you at least 10", you're all set!

As to TLDR....TCDU (figure that one out! )...what is wrong with words? If we're too busy to write a word, why bother responding at all?
Appreciate 0