View Single Post
      06-08-2014, 02:46 PM   #11
Canti
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i AW

It's worth noting that the 228 standard mirrors are folding. The premium package upgrades it to powered folding, but if all you want is folding you can do it manually. Just going to throw that out there.

As for the assistant plus, I have it and do not find it overly distracting. It runs in the background and for the most part I can barely tell if it's active. The camera seemed to take about 1 day to calibrate as it didn't pick up on lane detection immediately. My thoughts on the package:
-There is no pedestrian detection on US models, so don't count on that
-The collision detection does work, but only slightly slows the car and you still need to activate the brake to get the maximum force applied.
-The steering wheel vibration is pretty mild, but it does alert you if you start drifting close to the line. I haven't yet been able to trigger the blind spot alert, but I think it only checks if you have your turn signal on.
-The speed limit detection is kind of nice, but only if you travel a lot on unfamiliar roads. It usually turns on when navigation is active, but otherwise you need to scroll through the dashboard options to display it.

It's not really a must have option, but I don't hate it either. I got it because my car is a daily driver and thought it might improve safety. I've seen the collision warning light come on a few times just driving around town, so I think it's doing its job.

Last edited by Canti; 06-08-2014 at 02:52 PM..
Appreciate 0