omera60
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 218i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
I don't know if insurance over there works like it does in the states, but here you can wait to do the repair work at your convenience. For the seats that might be a good idea (wait a few years, until they have more wear on them). If not, you might want to consult with a good upholstery shop, they can tell you how hard it is to get it right. I know that for older cars, just replacing the upholstery can sometimes look terrible (either it isn't an exact pattern, or the rest of the seat has shifted and settled, so it is just baggy).

And I'm in shock about how good the police support is for a break in - any place I have lived, you would be lucky to have them fingerprinting a crime scene if it involved less than a murder or serious felony - back in Cleveland they would not even come out to take the report for property crimes, you had to come in to the station and fill them out yourself.
Unfortunately it doesn't, once you open a insurance claim case here the company wants it closed as soon as possible and it's also illegal to do so, once opened all must be completed. I've been reassured by the service and couple of my upholstery guys who do our classics interior from ground up or repair them for years. Classics are can turn out really bad as you said, that's why I was afraid. Both sides told me independently that since the car is new (not even a year old) and it's on the right seat which is not used a lot, it should fit perfectly. Only the cushion part needs changing, the rest is fine. Fingers crossed it works...

The laws are there but if the officer is lazy, he/she will do their best to avoid paperwork, but if you have knowledge of the Law like I do (Law student), then they will follow procedures word by word. The one on the scene for example was really good, he tried his best etc, once I went up to the station the officer there was incredibly lazy. He tried to make me give up my mind on the forensic stuff but I pushed hard and made a little threat that if he doesn't do it I'll talk to his supervisor, that's how I made him to do it. As I said, it's actually standard procedure but some of them really hate paperwork. I'm also in shock that the police don't help you on these matters in the states.

Last edited by omera60; 03-29-2017 at 03:08 PM..
Appreciate 0