omera60
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 218i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumberlandjames View Post
Sorry to hear about the break in. Extremely frustrating. As I was reading your problem descriptions I was wondering if you had tried shifting into neutral and coasting to the stop. This way you isolate the engine and transmission. If you see a RPM jump then you know the problem is originating there if not you have isolated it to the transmission or at least narrowed it down to a smaller set of variables. Good luck.
Thank you, it's a loss of time, that's what really made me frustrated yesterday. I had to devote my whole day to this, the police, service, insurance and their coordination. For now everything seems to be settled, I've been told that if the service has everything in their storage, it will take 3-4 days but if they need to order stuff it can be up to 3 weeks . I'm also retrofitting the alarm system which should help prevent further attempts. I now have a loaner from the insurance company which would make them pressure the service to do their job in time.

I will try to shift to neutral before coming to a stop as soon as I have the car back, thank you for the suggestion, I'll let you know if there is any news regarding this diagnostic process.

Also an update on my appointment, I've been contacted by BMW Turkey and told that the team is in Germany this week for training and will be back before saturday. If I get the car back in the mean time, they will be seeing me on 3rd of April or that week.
Appreciate 0