07-27-2016, 06:15 PM   #602
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw235iSD View Post
I have the stage 3 tune on my vehicle, I am wondering if I need to get it 'dyno' tuned at the shop or I'm good after installation? Thanks.
The Dinan tunes are a packaged tune based on engine and supplemental modifications for each stage (thus keeping variation between cars at a minimum) so no dyno tuning is required or available (assuming you wish to keep the Dinan tune) since it can not be custom tuned in the field. Customization to the degree needed would make the tune not emissions legal since playing with the fuel mixtures and other variables has the possibility of producing increased pollutants, etc. Its a narrow line that we chose to be on the side of emissions compliance so the system can be freely sold everywhere without penalty or the fear of fines.

That said every car is slightly different so for optimal results a custom dyno tune is the best possible option. Keep in mind however this would involve a flash tune to do right and thus opening up the factory DME to allow the tuning to take place. Then of course you have to make sure the person doing the tuning is doing it right and to your best interest. You also have the potential warranty concerns and other factors. Not everyone is comfortable with all of these things but the truth is that is the best course of action for maximum power... assuming its done right.
Appreciate 0