View Single Post
      06-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #24
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by petapotamus View Post
the 435 just doesn't speak to me.. from a size perspective it looks to be about 90% of the current 6 and the 2 to be about the same percentage to the current 3.

As a 1 owner I like the size of the car now. I don't get why the model lines need to keep getting bigger, longer, and heavier. If I wanted a big swoopy coupe I'd by a 6.

Of the 4 and the 2 I like the 2 much better (plus the headlights dont connect to the kidneys.. a plus imo). Just my .02
I thought my 135i was just the right size.
The only thing it really needed was a better suspension.
Other than that it was/is perfect for the driver who wants a small coupe with backseats for some added utility.

A slight increase in width for some added elbow room and wider tire track, but that's it. It doesn't need to be longer and certainly not taller.
But I think BMW did that, but added a bit of length.
It doesn't appear that the 2 is that much bigger than the 1.

My F30 335i is noticeably larger in every direction compared to the E46 325i I had. After having mine for about 8 months now I think the F30 is too big and I can't see myself getting into another 3 series in the future as it's very unlikely that BMW will downsize it, especially now that there is a 2 series, which hopefully will spawn a sedan.
That will be the new sport sedan and coupe the drivers and enthusiasts will likely want and the F30 can fill the peoples need for more space and comfort for 4.
The problem for BMW is what to do with the 5 and 7 as they used to be the middle and large size respectively. Now, the F30 is pretty taking the 5 series spot. Will the 7 grow to be the yacht size of BMW and the 5 the large sedan?
Appreciate 0