View Single Post
      01-16-2018, 07:42 AM   #37
CE750Jockey
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M240 'vert 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryJI View Post
As you can see, I am all-in with Dinan and have never regretted it for a moment. This is a very balanced, refined tune for the street but it can still get your adrenaline going. The performance exhaust is very high quality. The performance suspension, combined with the retuned shocks, really plants the car at all speeds and the bumpstops are completely trouble-free. Above all, potential customers must realise that Dinan's principal client relationship is with the local dealers, not the end-user. I always advise everyone not to use a Dinan-licensed dealer but a BMW tuner shop where you can benefit from more expert technicians and from that shop's relationship with the supplier (Dinan). As for the badge, mine is still in its envelope; it's just not my style to wear it on the car.

I have absolutely no beef with Dinan's products, their customer relations, their sourcing or their prices. The last two are subject to the very deep research and testing that they do with both their tunes and their suspension products.
This is curious to me. Isn't part of the attraction to Dinan the fact that it's installed at a "Dinan-licensed" dealer? Is a "BMW tuner shop" install as equally warranted as the other? I would think that if you had it installed at say a BMW dealership that is a Dinan approved dealer, that your warranty would be rock solid, but if you had it done at a tuner shop, then took it to a BMW dealer for any resulting "issues", that you might have some trouble getting it warrantied. I can hear it now, "Yes Dinan is BMW warranted, but since you didn't have it installed at a BMW dealership then......"

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0