View Single Post
      10-14-2022, 07:13 PM   #29
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
It's going to be really close on the same tires. The "16 hp gain" will be much more than that in reality when they get put on a dyno. The improved handling characteristics, stability, etc. will swamp the weight gain.

The M2 CS did 7:43 with Cup 2 tires. M2 Comp did it in 7:52. The tires and tune are almost all of that difference.

The G82 M4 Comp does 7:30 with PS4S. Subtract around 6 seconds from that for Cup 2 tires, 2 seconds for weight penalty (AWD auto comp) then add 5 for the M2 power deficit and 10 for loss of AWD. That gets you to an estimated 7:37 for a G87 M2 on Cup 2 tires.

Unfortunately I can't find a legit G8x non-comp ring time.
I don’t even think there’s a legit ring time from BMW for anything other than the M4 CSL - we only have SA times

But where I agree with you, and where I think the difference will come from, is the improved damping. More than anything that’s where I think F8X in general is let down, although the CS damping significantly improved the platform. I don’t foresee a major outright speed difference but G87 will probably have an easier time riding curbs at higher speed.
///M TOWN20397.50