12-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #116
Antares
First Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: dark-blue coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonjt View Post
Yeah, you're right. I wasn't thinking about things holistically. The other problem is that I think most drivers, BMW's bread and butter, the people that don't care about car performance like we do, like the direction BMW is going with the size of their cars.

Good god, BMW's cars are so large. I have to add that I usually see women driving the 7 series and, I have no idea why they like it so much.

Organic compounds, eh? A nice aromia would be sweet (hehe) but, why chelation? You'll just end up with metal road dust in your map pocket.

Actually, now that I think about it, you could pick up some rather precious metals that way. Catalytic converter theft would be a thing of the past, haha.
10 years ago BMW stated, that Mercedes makes long cars and BMW makes shorter sporty vehicles.
Now just look at the 6 series Coupe; a fish formed design.
A sports car must be large and long only enough to fit the seats and the engine.
The same goes for the new 3 series; it got very long. The 3 series should be a car meant primarily for the driver and one front passenger. The car should be made larger and not longer. The front shoulder room feels like in a VW Golf! (where is that luxury feeling of the 5 series on the front seats?)

The women like the comfort of the 7 series.
A friend of mine got the X6 for his wife; she was not satisfied; she said the car drives like a fat bibber, and that she must climb to get inside (quite impossible in a skirt).
So the husband had to part with his limo and he got the X6 (it was sold quite quickly).

I think I know what it needs to make a superior M engine and chassis! Rhenium!
Rhenium is used in superalloys to vastly improve creep strength (jet engine parts)!

Last edited by Antares; 12-20-2012 at 03:59 PM..
Appreciate 0