View Single Post
      01-13-2018, 10:01 AM   #17
aaaaah
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Nuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Don't know what to say. I'm 6' 2" and have a 34 inch inseam. My hair has grazing the sunshade on the sunroof M235 I test drove and I have the seat on the floor. There was no way I could sit in a proper race position with my helmet on without it bumping the roof. Like others pointed out, BMW specifically notes you gain 1.9" with the sunroof delete. That is reality. I love the lack of sunroof and I haven't missed it one bit.

As for summer, I've got quality tint, a sunshade, and I roll the windows down as I'm walking to the car. The car is never excessively hot, even in 100 degree temps.
Agreed. I'm 6'1", 32" inseam and I have about 1/2" between the roof and my scalp. It's a good haircut reminder though! I would have loved to get a sunroof delete car but buying used it's very difficult. When my car came up for sale it was perfect all around except the sunroof so I made a sacrifice.

Autocross was an exercise in spine compression to fit the helmet in.

I'm glad to read a review of a car of the same vintage as mine. I agree with all the things you would like to change on the car except I would just like a shorter clutch throw all together. Feel is not a huge issue for me, just how far you have to push the pedal. I know there are clutch stops you can change out but I don't like moving the pedal throw from where the manufacturer deemed it safe.
Appreciate 0