05-15-2014, 12:42 PM   #34
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbplanet View Post
This is the second time you can hear it then. Test drove mercedes c350 and had to press on brake super hard just to fully stop vs. 335 mid way on brake. test drove e350 and 535 a year later and still same thing.

Now, CLA amg brakes are probably better than m235i since i (assume) its twin piston both rear and front but who knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ska325xi View Post
I didnt know twin piston brakes are better than the Msport/Brembo 4 piston front and 2 piston rear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundefolge View Post
Some in the racing world believe that even a single large piston works better than anything else ...
Piston count has very little direct correlation with braking performance. More pistons can cover a larger surface area and provide a more even distribution of braking force, but your braking strength and mechanical grip (along with weight, weight ratio, suspension, etc.) will ultimately determine your stopping effectiveness. Most brakes have the ability to lock your wheels up anyway.

On the same note, people assume that larger rotors offer a significant improvement to braking force/distance, when it's mainly beneficial toward fade resistance.
Appreciate 0