View Single Post
      07-26-2014, 12:15 AM   #1
Vlad-Miami
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i MW/CR

hi everyone, I thought it would be nice to have a thread related to user observations. Here is my input:

I won't post pros, it's an awesome ride, just outstanding. but I want to point out possible problems. and here they are:

1) heat build up.
my cup holder is already suffering from that. try leaving an empty metal mug in there for a little - you will notice that the mug became very warm. i live in Miami, and all my drinks are always cold/iced drinks. i believe this is a first design flaw. i noticed a big heat build up under the back sit. you can notice that by opening small black lids with metal loops. try touching those loops, they are crazy hot (at least in my car), which means that all the metal frame gets heat up by the exhaust system, no proper heat isolation.

2) BMW iDrive does not work properly with iOS 7. to be specific - text messaging does not work, bluetooth audio drops all the time. this is not only my car, i researched online and the issue is well-known.

3) brake pads - just o m g, seriously? non-ceramic? i have to pay twice out of my pocket now to throw away the garbage pads that they put in the car and buy ceramic, and pay for an installation again. And they really call this an MP brakes? this is dumb.

4) there is a small compartment near the cigarette lighter. does anyone know what that is for? there is almost no room inside. not an ashtray for sure, then what is it? lol

5) active headlights are decoded for USA, make sure you code that back to enjoy this wonderful feature.

...to be continued.
Appreciate 0