View Single Post
      09-08-2014, 11:54 PM   #169
VinnieDeutsch
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, F80 M3

I dunno guys. I think they're both great cars. I also think they are totally different. And here's my short novel on why....

I test drove the M235i first really to get an impression of the new electric power steering since my e92 335i obviously has the hydraulic. I had been toying with the idea of getting an M235i next as well and had to see what it was about. I walked away from the experience thinking I couldn't justify getting rid of my 335i for it, to me they were too similar to justify extending my car debt a few more years (I don't buy all my cars with cash...you ballers). I'm not saying it's not better than an e92 335i but it didn't feel overwhelmingly better (mine is the M-sport)...not HOLY SH*T I HAVE TO HAVE THIS CAR better.

So a while down the road my dealership got it's first M4, striking car in Sakhir Orange. I drove it, it was absolutely amazing. I will agree the dimensions were a little weird to me but man that engine and chassis are just sweet sweet things. There is no comparison at all in my book as far as driving dynamics go. The ride was noticeably more compliant than my 335i, I mean I am constantly getting beat up in my car and taking the M4 on some familiar rough roads it was WAY smoother, but at the same time it handled like an M car. Amazing. So I guess I don't get the whole argument about the M235i being a better daily, I just don't see that at all. Next I drove the M3. The dimensions on the M3 made more sense to me, plus it's super practical; it is the ultimate in performance combined with daily driveability. If money is no factor then M3 it is in my opinion.

I feel like there may be a lot of people here that haven't driven all of these cars and are simply regurgitating things from other sources/stat racing. If you have driven them all and actually prefer the M235i then good on ya, it is a wonderful car. If you haven't driven them all then maybe you should before you start forming opinions.

Oh, if any of you that think the S55 = N55 check this out: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1015603 Second document, starting at page 5, pretty informative.

Appreciate 0