View Single Post
      06-20-2018, 08:02 AM   #21
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_and View Post
I had an F80 and traded it for a Camaro SS. I regretted it not because of the performance but rather because of the aesthetics and build quality. Then I traded the Camaro in for a VW GTI and was much happier. The GTI had less power and worst performance in every way but it is a more fun car to drive. I have an m240i now and I definitely enjoy it more than the Camaro or the F80 M3. I've built it into a track car and am now taking a step further to build it into a race car. We are running out of space for cars so I am going to sell my 911 GTS, not the m240i. It's all about perspective and rest assured that just because a car is more expensive or has more cache doesn't mean that you'll like it more. One of my favorite cars that I've owned was a '99 boxster that I paid $4000 USD...

With all that said, if you are giving up the F80 because of money, then you will probably regret your choice. If you are getting out of it and into something you want more, then you'll never miss it. Based on your motives, it sounds to me like you should keep the F80.
ok i gotta ask the question in everyones mind:
why do you prefer the m240i over the 911gts(991 or 997)?

i like m240i...but no question i enjoyed my 981 cayman s more than it

and i totally get the feelings about the SS
2 days after moving from a cayman to a c7 i wanted the cayman back
Appreciate 0