View Single Post
      05-20-2015, 01:28 PM   #62
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by John2002 View Post
Here are my two cents. I owned a BRZ for a little over 2 years and I've had my 228 THP auto for around 9 months. I don't think you really know a car until you've lived with it for some time, just driving it for a day doesn't tell you all that much. I for sure had more control in the BRZ than I do in the 228, however the 228 is much more livable as an everyday car. I do miss how planted the BRZ was, and the lack of body roll, but when I get out of the 228 after my commute I don't feel like I've been beat up. If I were 10 years younger this might not matter to me. So I think what it really comes down to, is what car is right for you. This author obviously liked the FRS more, but that doesn't mean the 228 is a bad car. I do think the body roll especially in comfort is bad, but in sport it seems pretty good to me even at the limits. There are definitely some things I would change about the 228, but the list is pretty short—the BRZ on the other hand, I could have filled a book with the issues it had.
Well said. I have a good friend who despite being almost the same person as me (same hobbies, same body type, same job) has a nearly polar opposite taste in cars. He drives a tuned WRX with every bushing replaced with the hardest option he could find, the suspension cranked as hard as it will go, loud ass exhaust, etc.

I get in his car and he hits a speed bump, the car slams the bump stops and every bone in your body hurts. He loves it, I feel like I need to go to a chiropractor after. It's fun to drive for short bursts (just like it's fun to go Karting) but it's draining after 20 minutes.

So again, to each their own. I've followed him around on twisty roads and had no issues keeping up in my F30, and would smoke him on the highway. And I didn't have to put every ounce of my being into doing it - which to me, is the reason I spent the extra money on a BMW. Going fast without breaking yourself or have to shout at your passenger over exhaust noise is a refined and beautiful thing.