View Single Post
      05-19-2015, 01:14 PM   #45
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYHoustonman View Post
This review reminds me of a great column by Jack ('I hate the M235i xDrive') Baruth:
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...of-understeer/

As others have said, I'd like to believe the authors in this case know what they're talking about, as I've always liked Road & Track, but in general complaints of understeer are made by drivers who don't understand the limits of a particular car.
Lol, I think you probably nailed it with that article - nice post.

What's interesting also is part of what makes the FR-S so fun is it specifically lacks traction. That low ceiling is what makes it easy to hoon around and fun to drive.

It's actually one of the same reasons I enjoyed my 335i MORE on snow tires. The 225 square tires with limited traction were much easier to break loose and get the shenanigans started.

I would be interested to give the writer a 228i with a set of low rolling resistance 215 tires and see if their opinion changed.

Either way, we can argue semantics all day - every car has tuning options to help dial in the car how you want. I wouldn't overthink one bad piece of press (there was another article scathing a base model 228xi on Autoblog recently - which I'd agree with because base + XI = meh)