Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomps View Post
Hey everyone,

This is one of my first posts here and I still haven't really felt the site out, so you'll have to excuse my faux pas if I'm going against some traditionalist grain with this thread.

But I'd like to start an open conversation for those who plan on modifying the M235i. What are you hoping to see available? What kind of timeline do you anticipate? What will you do first? How do you think the car will respond to modifications?

I'll start with a few items:

(1) Seems like everyone will be eagerly awaiting aftermarket diffuser options. I do like the M Performance one, but as others have mentioned, it could get pretty pricey, and I'd rather allocate that money to other options. I know the aftermarket provided several popular solutions for the 1 Series as well.

(2) Speaking of pricey, I'm assuming anyone planning on engine modifications will opt for the LSD to put the power down? This is part of the reason I'm not planning on MPerf aero parts, as I know I'll have to get the LSD in addition to the other options I'm considering. I'm used to powerful AWD cars, so I think the LSD will definitely improve my experience.

(3) How will the ZF8 auto transmission handle increased power? What are the boundaries for safe power levels? I know absolutely nothing about this transmission (wish it was the DCT), but unfortunately I won't be able to get the manual (car needs to be driven by multiple people and in stop & go environments).

(4) Wheels. I actually don't mind the stock gunmetal ones. But holy narrow wheels. I anticipate needing something wider. What's your dream wheel on the 2 Series?

Anything else? Let's speculate.

Sure, while my budget for my next car is 50k (considering CLA45 AMG, Corvette, or cayman), but my heart is set on the M235i with little to no options.

For OEM, I probably only want to get the LSD. If I plan on getting any tunes in the near future, the LSD will be pretty much a necessity. I know many people who have many issues with the 135i since so much torque.

I plan on going aftermarket for most of my exterior items. Why? Price

I got my carbon fiber spoiler for 200 bucks from these forums (JBSPEED vendor). I would say it is 9/10 of the BMW performance one, for more then half the price.

I plan on carbon fiber front lip, mirrors, and diffuser. For diffuser, I will probably go something aftermarket that is more aggressive.

As for wheels, I like mine as well . But will probably get some OZ or Apex!

Not sure what the ZF8 is rated at. If we could get a model number then we could directly check it out on the ZF website.