Thread: BMW 2 Series Ad
View Single Post
      01-24-2014, 09:14 PM   #110
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is AW/Black 6MT

Interesting post quoting a BMW NA rep re the M235i on another forum. Just gives another perspective and interesting comparison to the M3. For what it's worth, though understandably biased.

Here is some feedback from BMW NA rep....

"Thanks for sharing that. I have actually experienced a lot of positive hype surrounding the M235i, both in person, and at Detroit.

Price wise, I find the M235i to be quick a nice value if you consider the price of a base 228i at $33k. For about $10k more, you get a car developed by M, M-Brakes, M Wheels, Pilot Super Sport Tires, M-Sport package, Dynamic Handling package, M-Tuned Exhaust, M-Performance Power Kit, M Developed pistons, tuned steering, and I believe Xenons.

M described the car to me as a street car built for the track, where as an M3 for example is a track car tuned for the street.

After living with the M235i for almost 3 months, I found it to be one of the most fun cars I have driven while being a perfect daily driver. My M3 can be a little much to drive every single day, but the M235i is very comfortable for this use, gets good MPG and can terrorize back roads when you want.

Let me know if you have any questions!"

Regional Product Trainer-West
Appreciate 0