View Single Post
      12-31-2015, 08:03 AM   #1
Zooks527
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235xi / 2005 Tacoma 4x4

"Low Washer Fluid" won't reset until engine off

Not a "problem" per se, but a bit of odd behavior.

There's been a lot of muck on the roads the last few days and I've been blowing through the windshield wash to keep the salt film down on the windshield. Had my first "Low Washer Fluid" alarm yesterday. Sure, there's probably a half gallon or more reserve once it comes on, but I don't like the little white triangle.

Popped the trunk and grabbed the spare bottle when I let my passenger off at his stop. Poured a gallon into the reservoir with the engine still running, and hopped back in.

Huh. The triangle didn't go away. Popped open the iDrive screen to see if anything else was triggering it. Nope, just the washer level warning. Drove off wondering if it was time buffered to prevent tripping on and off going up hills and corners.

Nope. Stayed on next 20 minutes until I stopped for gas. Turned the engine off to fill up, and the warning was gone when I turned it back on.

As I said, not a problem, but that's a really odd way to program the warning light. As a side note, when I got home 30 minutes later, I put nearly another 1/3 of a gallon into the reservoir to top it off. That's a fair sized tank.

Prior 40 years: 67 BelAir wagon / 68 LeMans Tempest / 70 Mustang Mach 1 / 72 El Dorado / 78 Corvette / 81 Subaru GL wagon 4WD / 83 s10 Blazer 4x4 / 85 Bronco 4x4 / 96 Bronco 4x4 / 04 Passat 4mo / 09 BMW 335xi
Appreciate 0