View Single Post
      01-21-2015, 11:56 PM   #38
scottomfg
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 Cayman S 6MT, '21 X5 45E

Quote:
Originally Posted by InlineSixTwinScroll View Post
Nuwheels and myc132 - I think I understand why your cars went into production so soon (esp Nuwheels) ... your configurations are much simpler than mine. I ordered all packages + Harmon Kardon + wood trim.

I can't think of any other reason why mine is taking this long.

Oh well ...
It has very little to do with configuration details, actually, it just depends on when your dealer's allotment was for. Yours was for February, alas. (Mine is rather complicated and went into production last week, but that is neither here nor there.)

Also, about the the time waiting for production to start being the hardest--yes and no. Yes, because whatever part you are in is always the hardest , but no because at least you have a set date for production to start. After the car is produced, everything after that is just total luck, bad luck, and randomness. You hear stories all the time of people's car waiting for three weeks before it gets on a boat, or not getting released by the EPA for two weeks on arrival. That production is the last certain date you have, enjoy it

And as far as a dealer or anyone else giving a projected delivery date, that's a little disingenuous on their part: all they are telling you is how long it usually takes, not any info specific to you. The logistics post-production are not prearranged and depend on many different circumstances that are constantly in flux. So, cross your fingers for me and I'll croos my fingers for you, and hope we all get our cars sooner than later.

2014 981 Cayman S 6MT, X73 Suspension, SES
2021 X5 45e MSport, Manhattan Green, Coffee Merino, Review & Photos
Previous: '18 340 GT, '15 M235i 6MT, '15 i3 REx, '15 x1 xDrive28i
Appreciate 1