09-20-2014, 04:08 PM   #1
1ChrisRuck
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Garage List
2018 M2 LCI  [10.00]
Is it odd that a fan of the 6-Speed manual is impressed with the 8-Speed Automatic?

I've driven a new 320i 6-Speed manual shift sedan, I loved it.

I've owned two BMW's in the past, both manual transmission, I loved them.

I ordered my 228i Sport with the manual transmission.

I've driven two luxury line 228i's with the 8-Speed automatic transmission. I freakin love it! It's more fun than imagined. It feels very sporty and very responsive. The paddle shifters only add to the fun! I truly understand why all articles rave about it. And oh yeah, it has launch control!

But why am I beating myself up for wanting the 8-Speed Automatic. It's an awesome transmission with a performance oriented attitude. I don't like it simply because it's the rage, I like it because it's more fun than I imagined. I don't understand how an automatic transmission can deliver just as much fun as a manual transmission.

My quandary is that I have one week to decide on a change-order. I love both transmissions. The biggest problem is that I am having a difficult trim wrapping my brain around the fact that its a new world in advanced technology in today's cars and their transmissions equating to better performance.
Appreciate 0