View Single Post
      11-02-2014, 12:18 PM   #200
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaswyck@yahoo.com
All one has to do to figure out that BMW is trying to cater to too many niche markets is click on "Build Your Own" on their website. There are 15 models listed and then sub models and variations in each of those (i.e.228i and M235i). This is what broke the bank at GM. They finally wised up after going into bankruptcy and got rid of nonperforming and under performing lines like Saturn, Pontiac, Oldsmobile and Hummer. You can't cater to every single individual buyer out there. Figure out who and what you are and build for those markets. BMW is a luxury sport car company that produces The Ultimate Driving Machine. Anything less than that (like a FWD family hauler of whatever description) dilutes the brand and conflicts with what they purport to be.
GM broke the bank by making crappy cars for years for the NA market, and left their good stuff for Europe only. They had their head in the sand without a doubt but it really had nothing to do with them making to many models, but rather just not making any good ones.
Appreciate 0