Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mike1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tccox View Post
wow, your car and my car, both 228 msports, both March 2014 builds (right?), both about 9000 miles. should I be worried ?? did you get ANY kind of warning at all ?
Yep, march 2014 build, about 9000 miles but I had no warning. I was just cruising down normally. Wasn't even being too spirited since I don't want a speeding ticket just for trying to get home a little quicker. I don't know if you should be worried but.... look at the quote below V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uridian View Post
I had the same exact problem ~7 months and ~8600 miles in with mine.
I think the mileage is the same, but odd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Not crazy, somewhat common on 1 series also. What's ironic is guys have been touting the 1 series fuel pump failures as a black eye on the 1 series.....hmmmm.

The fuel pump on my 1M went at 10K miles and it was also supposedly fixed from the earlier fuel pump models that failed. Early on, BMW blamed fuel quality but again...hmmmm yours was brand new, seems crazy that bad fuel would've killed it so quickly. Anyway, thanks for the update and glad your're on the road!
I don't think it's bad fuel.. at least I've always put in 93 and at minimum (maybe a total of four times 91) although I know grade is not the same as quality but still, and seeing other people report their case is getting a little troubling.
Just curious (mostly out of ignorance) a March 2014 build is still a 2014 228i right not a 2015? I always seem to confuse the time of year the new ones come out
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0