View Single Post
      03-09-2014, 09:55 PM   #63
PvsNP
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumac View Post
And you follow my post with this tripe? You are exactly the kind of person I am talking about. Someone that says 'this car is because you can't afford M blah or M blah'. Or better yet, completely misses that the e9x was the last generation fitted with hydraulic steering. But fuck it, let me continue, because you capstone your post with 'I'd take an e46 over this anyday'. How brave. You and every 'purist'....

Let me list my pedigree. I don't set it as my quote for every post because that's what douchebags do, but I'll meet you in the middle-

E36 M3
E46 M3
E90 M3
F???

Frankly, I stepped out of my 'purist' car and was amazed at what BMW had done with the lowly M235. While I love my Ms, and thoroughly abuse them on open track days, I realized just how brilliant the M235 is. At its price, there is no equal. I expect any comparisons to be looking upmarket for competition. But I'm not insecure enough to come into this forum and whine about how 'inferior' the M235 is to the M brand. It isn't. It fits right where it is. Anyone buying this car, IMO, is getting a great M experience at a bargain price.

But then again, you'd have no idea what the point of an M car is since you don't track your cars. So what do you do with them? Daily commute with the occasional WOT while you pass someone that just will not get out of the left lane? Yes, you are exactly what the M brand has become. A joke.
At this price point, you can afford a E92 M3 and then some (several sets of tires or other mods) or better yet, take a E46 and save even more money.

I wish M235i was a 20k car, but it's not. It's twice of that. And that's exactly why I have a problem with it. You can get a nice 09 M3 for 35k.
Appreciate 0