View Single Post
      07-20-2022, 08:17 AM   #27
RichardC300
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by atek View Post
Intermittent operation that changes with ambient temperature usually points towards faulty/shorted electrical wiring or failing electrical sensor [extreme cases point to fuel delivery system]. I'd bet swapping it out with a new one would fix the issue. Check voltages/resistance of the MAF and compare with what it should be from OEM. MAF's usually read very low resistance (OHMS) when good.
I'll keep that in mind! I reset it again shortly after your reply, and it's been good since through various temps and altitudes. I just have to reset it a few more times per year than others here, it seems.

Also, are these OEM specs for voltages/resistance available to the public somewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMatt3 View Post
Do you have a stock charge pipe? And if so, have you ever had anyone check to make sure it's properly sealed on both ends? I could go days without feeling a throttle problem, and other days it was extremely apparent. If you're having even intermittent problems, I'd check for boost leaks in your charge pipe, as it turns out that was my problem for many years. Wish I'd done it sooner.
I do have an aftermarket charge pipe, but I don't think that is an issue at the moment. A while back, I had my car smoke tested to narrow down a tiny leak in the intake tube that was throwing a code, and the charge pipe was fine. My throttle feels pretty consistent to me. Good tip, though! I've seen many post about charge pipe leaks.
Appreciate 0