View Single Post
      12-12-2014, 09:24 PM   #183
kd0t
Banned
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmm235i View Post

Manning up would be honoring the sale or offering to at the very least match the SUN motors price, because we are not stupid enough to believe that SUN doesn't make any money on those sales. So Leith has by no means "manned up". Also you should mind your own business if you don't have anything at stake in this argument. We can all see the dealership's side and how it really sucks for them, but they are corporate, they are BMW, and when they make a mistake they need to man up and make it right.
Now let me enlighten you and anyone else as to the legal argument one would have. There is clearly a contract because the dealership offerred the sale and we/I accepted it (writing only required when over one year, so this is clearly an implied contract). It clearly did not apply to only lifestyle items because some have already received M parts and they had no problem immediately shipping out one part of my order which was dependent on my M difuser order. So BMW breached the contract when they did not perform, they gave money back for the items that they didn't feel like honoring. From a legal standpoint, however, just giving the money back doesn't necessarily solve the problem. So here are my damages: The difference in price I could have purchased from another dealer plus (reliance= money spent or lost as a result of relying on BMWs offer) cost of shipping the useless parts to and from my house (actual damages). These are called reliance damages, that means because I relied on BMWs promise to send me a diffuser and so I also got the exhaust extension kit. Obviously pursuing this sort of case over a couple hundred dollars would be ridiculous, but you are ignorant to think that BMW did not screw up both legally and ethically.
It is beyond shady business to send me the extension kit without the difuser. I have to ship this nonsense back to them, which is an inconvenience, especially after I emailed trying to cancel the whole order as soon as I found out that the diffuser would not be honored. In addition it offers compelling evidence that the sale was not meant for lifestyle items only. This dealership is obviously run by scum bags top to bottom and although I understand this was a huge screwup, offering 15% off is laughable. I got the saddest voicemail from John today inviting me to call him back to yell at him in the morning. I know it is not his fault and I don't want to yell at him, but this is just pathetic, there was no reason for them to string me along the past couple weeks promising to fulfill my order when they never intended to do anything at all. Also I was promised free paint from my dealership before my car is finished in repairs, but don't think I'll get one by then. So excuse me for being annoyed with them
It's just ugly and the only thing worse are the people who are standing up for this stealership and especially those who have had their orders fulfilled. You all keep saying they manned up, but they did the exact opposite and told us to fuck off.
You're the greatest. I hope everything works out for you.
Appreciate 0