View Single Post
      07-15-2016, 10:58 AM   #157
mutmat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by riimiX View Post

the hard part, is finding a CPO/used m235i or in-stock inventory heavily discounted in the next 3 months. and if that doesn't happen, i'd have to find a blue golf-r in stock
Don't underestimate the difficulty of finding an R. And if you do, you will likely face dealer markups. It's probably safe to assume you will get a great discount on a 235 new or CPO with the 240 coming out. That should narrow the price gap a bit.

Removing price, AWD, brand, and looks from the equation I'd probably choose the 235 based mainly on RWD layout and that sweet I6 engine. However, once I put all the factors back in it's splitting hairs with price, practicality, and unassuming brand tipping things in the Golf's favor. But that represents what's important to me and is likely different from what's important to you or anyone else.

IMO any car choice outside of a base model Corolla is an irrational decision. It's all about knowing where to draw that line for yourself based on weighing all the variables in your life against your personal tastes and desires.
Appreciate 0