View Single Post
      12-09-2016, 12:07 PM   #16
Mr Carrots
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw

For a long time I was stuck between the R and the S3 - here in the bay area the R's are marked up to such outrageous levels that they're going for 5k over MSRP at some dealers, so the crazy price and the fact that it looks a little too much like a base Golf were dealbreakers.

The S3 is a good looking car but again, the price was silly compared to the M240i. What decided me was finally test driving the 235i and realizing just how much better it is - during my test drives with VW and Audi salesmen I kept asking their dealership's police on APR tuning because the base, untuned car is just not fun. It's sleepy, laggy and when I went WOT there was zero fun.

I drove the 235i on a whim after the M4 that I was intending to buy and realized that the 2 was pretty damn close to the much more expensive M in term of fun (I had a very young sales guy who took me out to an empty industrial area and I went HARD on the test drive and loved the 2 so much I went and bought one)

My wife likes the GLA so I tried the AMG GLA45 as a compromise and also didn't like that as much - all these crazy boosted 4 bangers only seem to deliver if you use launch control while the BMW has power wherever I want it
Appreciate 0