View Single Post
      09-12-2017, 06:07 AM   #6
rainfall
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaketh View Post
Yep I'd like to do 2017 at this point, I'm looking and there's two MT's in the color I want about 600 miles away. Still going back and forth with dealer. If he plays ball I'll probably go with that. Not looking likely though! I think 10% is a fair discount on a 2017 at this point - he does not.
I was on a very similar situation as you just over a year ago and would advise you to hold on until the dealer plays ball. The dealer can't control the residual, but can control how much off MSRP they give you.

Given what I learned in this forum, I was looking to get a 9% discount from an outgoing, in-stock model.

The dealer was offering 7% upfront, so I thought 9% on a cash purchase wouldn't be a big deal.

I was optimistic that the deal would happen because that particular car was pretty loaded with options (read: good room for the dealer to give me a discount off MSRP) and had a good amount of test drive miles in it.

After some exhaustive conversations with the dealer, the negotiation didn't move and I had to buy something else. 2 months later, the same dealer called me saying they would give me the discount I was looking for.

It was unfortunately too late, as I had already committed with the other purchase. Had I waited a couple more months playing poker with the dealer, I would have gotten the car at the price I wanted.
Appreciate 0