View Single Post
      05-30-2015, 03:41 PM   #89
Cal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMWs, NSX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkF1 View Post
I haven't enjoyed a BMW manual since my E36 M3. I love the DCT in my 135, I dislike the 8AT in my wife's Z4 and hated the manual in my E46 325Ci. I want to step up to the M-DCT from my current DCT but if it isn't offered I may step down to the M235i and go manual. I don't need the size of the M3 and the upgrade from M235 to the M2 will be even less of a jump without the offering of DCT.
I also like the manual in the e36 M3, except for the 5th gear detent issue that I never bothered to fix ($$$). I also disliked the manual in the e46s, mainly because of the occasional rpm hanging issue while shifting (and rubbery feel).

Quote:
Originally Posted by W///
Personally, I prefer the 6MT in my E92 M3 than I do on the 5MT in my E36 M3. They are both completely different of course, and I know I'm probably in the minority. Just because the clutch is so light in the E92, it's so much easier for me to be smooth and it's not as difficult to drive in traffic in terms of effort.
+1

I like the shorter-throw and less rubbery feel of the newer M cars. It feels like they come with a SSK from the factory in comparison. Agreed on the clutch too. They are a little lighter than the e36 one.

I'm expecting the M2 manual to be just as good as any of the latter M's.
Appreciate 0