12-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #61
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by kardboard View Post
Scott has said numerous times that M engineers have done extensive work on the N20 motor. He as also said numerous times that a 235i and an M2 will mimic the days of the E30 where the M3 had the four cylinder engine.

My take: M2 - 4 cylinder (330 hp); M3 6 cylinder (440hp); M5/6 8 cylinder (550hp)

Another interesting tidbit: a successor to the N55 is soon to be out on x40i models... I don't see the M division getting their hands on it early and tunning the hell out of it just for the M2. Beside we have already seen the new M3 motor and it already looks like the successor to the N55 and I highly doubt the M3 will share a motor with the M2.

M2 will be a 4 cylinder.
Nice logic there, maybe it's a bit of a wishful thinking but I would love to see that more than another inline six; not because I don't love the sixes but because it is time to invest more on lightness and smaller displacement for M.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0