View Single Post
      09-04-2014, 06:18 PM   #32
sstarrx3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Mineral White/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmm235i View Post
So let me get this straight...You think the 235 interior "sux" and is more lacking for a 50k car than the M4 at 80k. Then you turn around and say you got your car for ONLY 38k (228) even though money is a factor for you. Is anyone else confused. So your driving around a car with an interior you hate with none of the upside that the 235 offers in terms of driving experience for 38k. How can you not see the value here, for about 6k more you could have had a 235. It's your money, but it sounds like you should have gone with a more luxury oriented brand. There are plenty of cars out there with more luxurious features, but none of them touch the 235 performance wise and driving experience wise. I'm floored by the fact you got a 228i for only 38k and brag about it.
I too was surprised that the interior even compared to the M4 as I have not had time to sit in one, but I agree with another poster, that you must have extremely high standards for luxury if you think the 2 sux.
Sorry for the rant, enjoy the car OP anyone with that decision to make has good taste in my opinion. 235 definitely a lot more nimble and fun.
Ok, I will go slow so you can comprehend. I am sorry you are butt hurt because I insulted the interior of you car and my own car for that matter. Money did matter for me. I just bought my wife an SUV last year and I could not afford an 'M' car just so I could have my cake...which is a car that handles like a BMW...and eat it too... a nice interior. You pretty much have to spend $80,000 to get a nice interior in a BMW...even then it is not as nice as Porsche interiors as some have mentioned. As for the M235i, it was not even a thought for me. The 228i handles great and has plenty of power. I have said in numerous other threads on this forum that 'M' power is of no interest to me or even a 6 cyliner for that matter. My perfect car would be the 228i M Sport with 'M' class interior and all the other goodies. If I had had that extra 6 grand you are speaking of I would have gotten a fully loaded 228i M Sport in lieu of the M235i. Everybody has different likes and must haves when buying a car. A car that can go 0-60 in around 5 seconds and hit 155 mph is more than enough for me. I have never hit 100 mph in a car before...holds no appeal for me. I got the car that had what was 'MOST' important to me. I had to compromise. I was not bragging when I said $38000, I was backing up that fact that the was as much as I could spend on this car without jeopardizing a balanced budget.
Appreciate 0