View Single Post
      09-04-2014, 03:54 PM   #29
mmmmm235i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 440xi GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarrx3 View Post
Ok, you should expect more from an $80,000 car, but that was not what the OP was about. Money was supposedly not the object. The M235i interior still sux!!!! It is plastic from top to bottom. Porsche was not even in the equation on this one. To say the M235i interior is nicer that the M4 is just ludicrous. It is lacking as much if not more in that department for a $50,000 ride than the M4 is for an $80,000 ride. Porsche is in another class. They have to make the interior super cushy in those because the ride is so damn rough you dont want to drive more than 100 miles in it before needed to get out and take breather.
So let me get this straight...You think the 235 interior "sux" and is more lacking for a 50k car than the M4 at 80k. Then you turn around and say you got your car for ONLY 38k (228) even though money is a factor for you. Is anyone else confused. So your driving around a car with an interior you hate with none of the upside that the 235 offers in terms of driving experience for 38k. How can you not see the value here, for about 6k more you could have had a 235. It's your money, but it sounds like you should have gone with a more luxury oriented brand. There are plenty of cars out there with more luxurious features, but none of them touch the 235 performance wise and driving experience wise. I'm floored by the fact you got a 228i for only 38k and brag about it.
I too was surprised that the interior even compared to the M4 as I have not had time to sit in one, but I agree with another poster, that you must have extremely high standards for luxury if you think the 2 sux.
Sorry for the rant, enjoy the car OP anyone with that decision to make has good taste in my opinion. 235 definitely a lot more nimble and fun.

RETIRED:
2018 440xi GC, Carbon Black on Black/Blue
2014 M235i Black on Black, DINAN Stage 2
Appreciate 0