View Single Post
      09-07-2016, 01:00 PM   #100
GrayM235
Rep
Drives: M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Problem is, like you said, it's a Camaro and it has a stigma. The visibility IS NOT over-blown. I've had many 5th gen Camaro rentals and visibility is by far the worst I've ever experienced in a passenger car. It's just terrible.

The Camaro's biggest issue for me is the styling. It's totally gold chain, chest hair, and "Hey look at me, I'm so PISSED. Bro, do you even lift!!!". The same goes for the Corvette C7. Absolutely terrible styling excitation by GM both cars look dated the moment they came out and it's why Camaro sales are very poor now. There is so much wasted space on the Camaro as well. If GM could have dialed the styling from an 11 down to an 8, made it cleaner, and more euro in appearance, they'd have a hit on their hands. But they didn't. GM can't let the over the top styling, tacked on 1980s spoilers, chrome wheels, and race stripes go. The current gen Mustang, though also overly big, is a far better looking and better executed car, IMO. I firmly believe GM will be issuing an emergency restyle for the Camaro in the very near future like they did from the Malibu.
All subjective but only the spoiler ruins an otherwise a very sharp looking car, IMO. Agree, it's a relatively big car with a surprisingly small cabin. I actually liked the wrapped in tank cockpit feel and got used to the visibility very quickly in the many extended test drives I took. Blind spot, rear x-traffic and back up camera certainly helps, if not mandatory.

I'm shocked myself for even considering one at all, its the first domestic car I've ever even considered. Frankly, all of these negatives melt away once you drive it. Its driving dynamics with that sweet LT1 had me grinning ear to ear every time - I wanted one, stigma be damned. If you're cross shopping coupes, its certainly worth a few test drives...
Appreciate 0