View Single Post
      05-24-2014, 12:06 PM   #18
BruceOmega
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive Sportline

epic, williewonkerz,

Appreciate the feedback.

FWIW, your descriptions of the M235i compared to the 3 series are analogous to my experience going from a 2008 535Xi to the F30 335i xDrive- the F30 is noticeably more agile and fun to drive.

I like my F30 a lot but two things have recently caught my attention. One is all the positive things I've been reading about the M235i in terms of fun to drive. The other is the availability of the Dinan suspension upgrades and assumed improvement in handling for the F30 xDrive.

Thanks
Bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post
E90. The 2 is perfection to me compared to the 3. Don't get me wrong, I loved the time I spent in my 335xi but you lose so many driving characteristics with a longer wheel base, all wheel drive, and in my case, a very tame auto compared the awesome ZF8. Power deliver is much more linear, no noticeable turbo lag, and stiffer setup. I'd be heart broken if you told me to go back to that car after experiencing the M235i.
Quote:
Originally Posted by williewonkerz View Post
Although I don't have the f30, I do have an e90 with an N55, stage 2 power kit, performance exhaust, 6 speed with XDrive.

In theory the engine, exhaust and power is identical to the m235.

The obvious difference I noticed is weight, especially in cornering. It was massive. Turn in was dramatic. Front end grips hard. In fairness, I have older run flat potenza and the m235 had new PSS.

Acceleration seemed quite even though, maybe that was XDrive in action. One thing I noticed was power delivery from 4-5k. The m235 really comes on stronger. Mine seems more linear.

Things I didn't like:
Steering is too light, even in sport+. It's not about accuracy, but a tendency for me to swing the wheel expecting more resistance. And with the turn in of the car I felt it moved and grabbed quickly.

Plastic on the bottom of the doors, and under the glove box. Seemed very cheap.

Suspension seemed to bounce a little more than mine, even in sport or sport+.