View Single Post
      10-17-2022, 05:37 AM   #52
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
Feel free to quote me where I've even suggested let alone argued this?

No all I've said is that additional weight will hurt performance. How they negate that will generally result in compromises elsewhere, trade-offs the term you used. Likely tyre wear & maybe brake wear will be the G87's main compromises.

I am intrigued though, why would the N55 (as compared to S55) make it less likely that someone could feel the affects of having a passenger in the car?
Like when you said
Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m;
To manage the forces of that extra mass in cornering/braking they've gone to bigger & softer/stickier tyres, truth is there's little else they could do. Doesn't make it a better performer.
Overall it’s a little hard to figure out what you’re arguing because I’m talking about a finished product and you seem to be talking about a hypothetical that doesn’t exist.

Why would you feel it more on the N55? Because it’s got less power. It’s always more noticeable with less power. I say it mainly because that was my experience in South Carolina when I drove both with a passenger. I thought I felt it on the top end. It’s not an instrumented test so could easily be placebo and I wasn’t driving solo back-to-back.
Appreciate 0