03-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #106
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3rkn View Post
lol^

We don't have to get over anything, it is you that has to get over the fact, You let your company design something so repugnant & hilarious.

Secondly, why then market that garbage in America, instead of something that people's been asking for..? Such as a small hatchback and wagons. (ie: M135i) Lost touch with reality?

Lastly, if you are looking back to 2000's for a profile of GM/Ford, then no wonder why BMW's hubris is pushing your core customers away. GM is a new company bro...

BTW... the ford Escape gets 32mpg.
And is a respectable SUV to be caught driving. I don't think I could take the sustained laughes, if I pulled up with a BMW Active Tourer... it's so embarrassing, it taints the whole brand.

Repugnant and hilarious? We call it sport orientated and competitive.
Its our response to a growth segment that continuously appeals to new customers. We know exactly who we are aiming for with the Active Tourer and we also look forward to a previous BMW customer who has had to leave the brand in order to grow their family unit.

That "Garbage" is being sent to America because the management see Active Tourer as a second car to a primary BMW. Some customers would trade domestic or import vans for a BMW.
You cannot support production for a large market based on five people from a forum in regards to the M135i. That is the Reality.

No one should be embarrassed to drive the Active Tourer as it drives well and if the car is being used as it was designed for. Then at least the owner knows that his BMW is not only flexible but fulfils his/her requirements perfectly.