View Single Post
      03-09-2014, 06:45 PM   #104
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere View Post
BMW's innovation is an illusion. They are not making anything different than other leading brands. In fact they follow many innovations of other brands. This is not bad though, it is just how it is. I am just tired of fanboys yelling out propaganda.
Anyway, this car is ugly, period. Will it sell? Maybe. Do I care? Not. What I expect from BMW is to continue building cars that people loved in 80's and 90's. All recently released models do not meet that criteria.
I decided to skip f3x, and sad about X4, so skipping it too (i.e. cars in my price range). I will keep my e90 until wheels fall of and if there is nothing I like, Audi, MB, Porsche (Macan or older 911/Panamera) will be my cars to select from. Also, I am aware BMW care less about selling cars to me, they got Russia, Asia, and other markets where people will buy these half-decent cars; however, BMW might want to remember that BMW has become popular in US before it got popular in Asia and Russia, and I am sure that if it looses its popularity in, it will reflect negatively in other markets.
Sorry but out of the three volume Premium manufacturers out of Germany BMW is regarded as the most innovative at this time. Aluminium Spaceframes and LEDs are now past tense as BMW have caught up with this technology (Rolls-Royce Phantom) and in some cases surpassed it ( Laser-Light on the BMW i8.)
No other manufacturer has achieved the symbolic achievement of mass producing CFRP for volume production and in its most cost effective form. Any other competitor with CFRP in the same capability the customer pays for that because it is not produced in-house.
The G11 BMW 7er begins the Carbon Age for BMW. The competition know it is coming and whilst there is curiosity there is also concern. In June 2015 we will see everything become apparent.

The thing you should know about BMW is that in an ever changing industry there is only one constant. Adapt or die.
BMW have the ability to change as required yet still stand still on their sportier philosophy.