View Single Post
      06-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #9
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust View Post
If I'm not very mistaken, there is a series of images of the 1-Series hatchback with heavily camouflaged front end and new-looking headlights. I hope they are somehow in line with what we saw in the 2-Series. As it seems, BMW will bring forward the LCI sooner than usual as I think they know they messed the front end of the car big time.
Facelifts or LCi s commence when the car approaches mid life - the 1er despite new competitors and despite individual opinions from "enthusiasts" the car is still a strong seller, thanks to its uniqueness in that segment to offer RWD and for a lot of 1er customers that is preferred.

There has never been a BMW that has been hurriedly facelifted because of individual opinion. For many that state the E65 was quickly facelifted only has to investigate that's its facelift occurred in 2005 at its mid-life.
The 1er will be facelifted in 2014. Its mid life before changeover to new UKL matrix in 2017.