View Single Post
      09-01-2014, 11:52 AM   #3
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i

Garage List
Which track day/club are you doing? I'll be at The Ridge in Shelton with the PCA on Friday.

I'd drive with Traction control off, Stability control on. The instructor will give you everything you need to know.

I don't know if the M235i is better suited for the track than other N54/N55 cars. They tended to have cooling issues that would put them in limp mode at some point in the day. The cars would be fine afterwards, just not particularly well suited to being pushed hard on the track. Maybe not a problem for how hard you'll push the car on your first track day.

As for other thoughts...smooth driving inputs, as in smooth steering, braking, and throttle inputs. And vision is paramount. Look as far ahead as you can so that you're prepared for whats coming versus reacting to things that you're right on top of. Of course your eyes will always be moving...not focused solely on far ahead and not your immediate surroundings.

Have the right attitude. Be there to learn, have fun, and push hard. Don't feel like you have something to prove to anyone else.

Have fun.
Appreciate 0