Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooth8ke View Post
Joe240 Where did you order the 437 replicas? I'm stationed in Germany also how was shipping?
I spoke with Anthony at OEMConcepts. He's on the forums here: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/member.php?u=79523

Great guy and very helpful. Just make sure you get a shipping invoice from him and go to the customs office on base (I went to the one on Ramstein) and get AE Form 550-175A filled out by them. It exempts military members from import duties and taxes so you wont have to pay UPS when you go to pick them up. What will happen is the wheels will get to customs, UPS should prompt on the tracking page that customs needs information from you. You send them the invoice and that form and it will get signed and you'll owe nothing. Then they will be sent to a UPS facility for you to either pick up or deliver to your residence.

Had some issues getting the wheels imported because German customs sucks when going through UPS. They tried charging me 1000 euros in import fees and taxes when it should've been like 250-300 euro. I asked them to reevaluate it and they came back saying it is 1900 euro That's when I went to the customs office on Ramstein and found out about that form. Got it filled out, had to take it to german customs for a signature, but they couldn't sign it because UPS already had possession of the wheels. So went to UPS where the lady at the counter ended up signing the form and giving me my wheels. Was a 2 day headache that can be avoided if you have the knowledge lol.

Plan on getting the form when I order my exhaust in the spring (if there's one out for the m240i around then).

Where are you stationed at and what color car do you have?
Appreciate 0