04-05-2016, 06:12 AM   #10
lazyrhino
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by iain1133 View Post
Seems my local so called BMW experts M3BMW of Bathgate are unable to do this. A mod that can be DIY, but they cant do it. And were also very rude when I tried to point them to your blog. Talking over me on the phone "Nope, Nope, Nope, Bye" then hung up. Unbelievable.
I guess I will be attempting myself. Just need to find someone capable of coding it. Obviously M3BMW of Bathgate aren't.
Well that sounds disappointing to say the least! Maybe they're just a little irritable about the fact that members of the general public like me are damaging their business model, by being able to complete these sorts of retrofits themselves rather than having to pay through the nose for it!

In all fairness, I was told repeatedly by BMW when I first started investigating this that it, and I quote, "physically couldn't be done". I was extremely pleased to be able to prove them wrong!

Since completing my Cruise Control retrofit I've completed a fair few more coding jobs for people, so if you need a hand just direct message me and we can get something sorted.
Appreciate 2
Mark 1M348.50