11-24-2014, 09:32 AM   #88
YungDro
Major
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing View Post
Not at all.

The i8 is hideous IMO. And its one of the most overpriced, underperforming cars out there. Maybe its just the fact that the 918 and P1 are getting all the headlines that the i8 is being overhadowed.
Sorry but the 918 is the leading car for what future tech will be. There isnt a single car more advance nor a better integration and calibration of technology.
And, again, when the 911 hybrid comes out, it will define what a performance hybrid is.

The 911 is iconic, and 50 plus years later is still the single, absolute benchmark everyone wants to be and tries to compete with. The i8 (or anything BMW for that matter) is not, and will never be either of those things...nor does it compete and wont stand a chance against the 911 hybrid.
Not going to lie you do get very defensive over Porsche. and the i8 does not compete with the 911 at all. Also whats the point and being on a BMW fourm if you dont even like BMW.. makes no sense. and the i8 being overshadowed? yeah right on every motoring site magazine ive seen everyone is in love with it, and no the i8 has already defined a hybrid sports car thats what it is. why do you think other manufactures are planning their own? Mercedes is considering one.. even audi are making an electric hybrid R8 to compete with the i8. the 918 isn't leading a thing its a hybrid hypercar. the P1 has more tech than it..aswell as the La Ferrari and if you knew about all this "tech" that goes into cars like the i8 then you would know yourself the car isnt overpriced. and for what it is it doesnt underperform at all it does 0to60 in 3.8sec. you're just hating on the i8 for no reason if you were a car enthusiast you would know its an amazing car.

I was also in london yesterday a white i8 was parked infront of a GT3 911. the 911 got no attention at all everyone was surrounding the i8. a little kid got asked a question by his farther and said which one do you like? he pointed at the i8 and didnt even give the porsche a look.

Last edited by YungDro; 11-24-2014 at 09:41 AM..
Appreciate 0